7/03/2006

Una Mass!

So I was at work tonight reading Real Simple magazine, and an article about this couple who are creative entertainers (in the dinner with friends sense) made me realzie that I am a glutton for punishment. And then I came home and found Angela's e-mail about needing a way in which to see Jo off, and I felt validated. ^_^

In any case, I suggest that we do a BBQ. Simple BBQ. Like, marinated meat and corn on the cob wrapped together in aluminum foil and stuck on the grill kind of simple. With nectaries, because I finally found some in season, and they make me happy. And if you really want, you can inject them with vodka, tequila or sambuca, though with a nectarine I really only reccomend vodka. ;-)

Jo's place would be good for this--they have a great backyard--but this would, of course, require that she and her family be ok with it. My place would be just as good. I know that I never suggest my place because it's out in suburbia, but Jo's place is pretty far away, too, so it's really about the same. In fact, I hereby volunteer my place for tomorrow night. Bring bugspray and please don't get my dog drunk. Oh, and, on that note, please BYOB. Peter can corral some of the stuff we bought last night, but most of the liquor we have at my place is the pricey stuff that we shouldn't be shooting, lest my dad kick me out of the house.

Kaitlyn, I know you're leaving tomorrow, but it would be great if you could make it. Call in sick to work or something. Really--when's the next time you're going to be able to see Jo?

Reply however you'd like. As long as you've gotten back to me by four o'clock tomorrow, it'll all be good. If you get back to me later, then I might ask you to stop at Safeway on your way over. ;-) I'm keeping my phone numbers, address and directions to my house off my blog--if you need any of those, check the e-mail I sent out, or contact me in some other way and I'll get them to you.

All right--I hope to see you guys tomorrow evening. Any time after six is fine. My dad will be out of town, and my mom's fine with the idea.

ETA: Only bring food you don't anticipate me having. I'll be buying beef and veggies (corn on the cob, as well, if I can find it) for grilling, as well as something dessert-related. If you feel bad about this, then feel free to chip in, but it's certainly not mandatory.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Hope it was fun!!