7/31/2006

Victoria, etc.

So I got back home at 8:30 this evening and I haven't stopped moving since. Well, I guess I've kind of stopped moving now, since I'm in my pjs and in bed, but, even now, I was just paying my Confirmation Deposit for the coming school year, so that's still doing something.

Victoria was quite nice. We stayed at this "B&B," which was really just a cozy house we rented. It had yummy fruit-flavoured teas. I couldn't resist, and wrote in the back of the guest book "I sat and am forever at work here." Thank you, Joyce, for checking the line for me. I just wrote it out plainly, though, rather than starting with "Satanic forces are at work here."

The wedding was good. It was a cold-ish day, so a lot of people in their beach wear were kind of chilly, a fact which wasn't soothed by the wind coming off the ocean. My dad didn't wear what Lindsay asked him to, but, thankfully, that went all right. Peter looked awesome in his Value Village tacky blue palm-tree-themed Hawaiian shirt. ^_^ Lindsay and Treleana both wore white capris and pastel blouses (well, technically, Treleana wore tunic), and Lindsay giggled a few times during the ceremony. I got lots of good pictures, and so did a lot of other people. My brother collected most of them onto his computer and is going to put them onto a CD for us.

The food there was insane. There were less than thirty people at the wedding, but there were ten people staying at the house my sister and Treleana rented. A lavish trip to Costco in Victoria was made. Oh, yeah, by the way, I wasn't actually in Victoria--I was in Sooke, outside of Victoria, and the wedding was on French Beach. Lindsay and Treleana were staying about half a kilometre away from the beach, but I'm not sure if there is an actual town there or not...

Anyway, food was plentiful and then some. The fridge and cupboards in what is typically a vacation house were crammed to bursting. My dad trimmed meat and discussed marinades. Speaking of, if you ever want to try a really yummy shrimp marinade (and I don't tend to like shrimp), try this one: Trad with garlic and lime. Those of you not in the general Alberta area may have to substitute another beer, but it was really good. Anyways, lots of people were met during the trip, including people who, I guess, are now my brother- and sister-in-law, but whom I will probably never meet again, at least not until either Lindsay or Treleana dies. Knock on wood that that doesn't happen any time soon and such. Oh, that reminds me--we were each supposed to fill in a page of the guest book at the wedding, and my page included a stick figure drawing of Lindsay and Treleana (a really good one, if I do say so myself), which had an arrow pointing to it, beside which was written "happy and such." Yeah, I totally didn't know what to say... ^_^

We didn't really do much else except hang around the house where everyone else was staying. Oh, there was a trip into Langford to buy bathing suits so that we could go hot tubbing. It was about an hour from Lindsay's place, and it was the closest place that sold bathing suits. That said, it was a Winners, and selection was limited. I wound up with a slightly tacky red tankini. Chris wound up with shorts that didn't fit. Silly Chris, not trying them on. Bathing suit shopping requires trying on, no matter what. Regardless, it was reasonably cheap ($20 each for the suit and a pair of shorts), and I guess I needed a new bathing suit, anyways--the one I have I bought before my seventeenth birthday.

I have a list of things to pack, buy, organize, etc before I leave on Wednesday. And I'm glancing at my closet as I'm writing this and trying to tell myself that I do not need a dress. It will be winter in Uruguay, and a sundress will be rather useless. (Sidebar: When I called the bank this evening to tell them I was going abroad and to please not cancel my credit cards, the woman I was talking to tried to confirm the spelling of Uruguay as "Eregway." Seriously.) I guess I've been in summer too long up here in Canada. *sigh* I guess I'll miss most of the remainder of summer while I'm away. Oh, well. That just means that when I get back, I can go shopping fun fall clothes. I love fall clothes. The textures are wonderful...

Anyways, I should go to bed, seeing as how I have to be up in about eight hours to go to work. I considered finding someone to work for me, but the extra $60 dollars would be a nice little infusion. Then again, I did tell my mom that I had changed my mind about wanting a printer for my birthday and asked for cash instead, but... Bah. Maybe I'll see if I can leave early. I'm on cash, though, so "early" will probably be 5:15 instead of 6:00. Stupid only having once cashier at a time on weekdays...

But, yeah, just a (rather long) note to tell you guys what I've been up to. I haven't gotten a chance to read anybody else's blog, so if someone's died or gotten knocked up or had a bad night and woke up with an unusual and embarassing piercing, you'll have to e-mail me about it. I'm not sure if I'll be abke to update this thing before I leave on Wednesday, but, if not, I will try to update it often while I'm away. Oh, and I'm greatly looking forward to seeing you, Kaitlyn! You see, she has graciously agreed to allow Peter and I to stay at her place on Wednesday night so that we can make it to the Calgary airport for 5:15 Thursday morning. Hell, she's even agreed to drive us to the airport! You rock, Kaitlyn! ^_^

No comments: