7/06/2006

*Melt*

It was freakin' hot again last night, and I therefore had a hard time getting to sleep. Staying asleep, however, was quite easy--I didn't get up until nearly 3 o'clock when a woman named Ruth called about our new house. I totally could've gone right back to sleep then, too, but I didn't. I hate sleeping past noon. It leaves me feeling groggy and it throws off my sleep pattern, which is why I'm blogging at midnight with no plans whatsoever of sleeping soon. Although I am in my pyjamas. Just in case.

Last night was good. I have cleansed my computer of the... stuff that Sean subjected it to. I'm glad I got to see people all together again so that I could actually be conscious to say goodbye when they left. ^_^ Kaitlyn's new car is gorgeous. As is Peter's mom's almost-new car. My mom came home today and announced that she was getting $50'000 from the sale of her parents' house, and I suggested she use it to buy me a new car. She said no. ^_^

I have gotten eight mosquito bites so far this year, and three of them are on my toes. This is quite annoying...

So I guess I actually have to go do stuff tomorrow. I need to get my passport photo retaken and dropped off. I need to get my driver's licence renewed before my birthday on Wednesday. I need to buy Peter a gift for his birthday on Sunday. Peter and I need to book a hotel for Uruguay. As nice as the hostel he was telling me about sounds, I don't think my mom would be too happy with that, and, really, we could split a hotel room for more or less exactly the same price. And even if it's not exactly the same price, it's still dirt cheap. I don't expect a hotel for the two of us to top $25 per night, or $12.50 each. I'm probably going to be asking for money for my birthday from my parents, but I don't really want to. Then again, I also have no idea what else I would ask for. Other than a new car. ^_^

I know what I could ask for! I could ask that nobody mention the words "birthday dinner." I don't want one, and the mention of one will probably cause some involuntary shouting while I try to suppress a panic attack and/or homicidal urges.

*five minutes later, once the above has run its course*

My laptop is warm and is not helping with the whole too-hot-too-sleep thing. Perhaps I should turn it off and watch a DVD.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been lucky so far - I've only had one mosquitoe bite! But then again, you know how I am with being outside. ^_^