7/16/2006

Tween Crap Makes Me Twitch

Nothing much has been up lately. I have been working for the past couple of days. Whoop-dee. But today is Sunday and I have the day off, so I'm enjoying it. :-) When I woke up this morning, I heard people laughing downstairs and eventually discovered that Shelly Edie were over. Shelly, at least, had just done the Beat Beethoven walk. Something about doing a walk in less time than one of his symphonies. The Pomp and Circumstance recordings I ordered at work finally came in, speaking of the ESO. I added them to the Symphony Under the Sky display. I guess we must've sold out in themidst of the graduation season that just passed.

Ooh, also, I have a band geek moment to share. Lindsey Coulter ordered some CDs for herself, and when I saw them, I ordered myself a copy of most (I all ready owned the equivalent of one), and ordered a copy of each for the store. Two CDs of Grainger, one orchestral, one wind ensemble, one Holst of the Suites, and one Whitacre, which, despite not being a huge fan of, I decided I should probably get my hands on while I could do so easily. And then Lindsey and I had a mutual band geek moment while she made this girl Allia listen to Second Suite so that she could prove that classical saxophone doesn't sound "Can I Borrow a Feeling?" cheesey. We were even motioning the bass drum strikes at one point. ^_^ Allia laughed at us.

In other news, Joyce is back in town! Yay!! I talked to her this morning, and we're gonna have dinner, which means I won't make it to Darriens, probably, unless she wants to come, but, I gotta say, the girlfriend chat session about certain boy is much more pressing. ^_^

Oh, my God! There's a Bratz TV show! That is so, so wrong!

No comments: