12/17/2005

Butterbeer!

So I have decided to use Thursday's gathering as an opportunity to test out butterbeer recipes. See, Katie recently made butterbeer at school that was rootbeer-based, which surprised me, because I'd always thought of it as a kind of apple cider drink. So I went and researched recipes for it. Apparently, the official word from Rowling is that it tastes much like butterscotch. And, oddly enough, the most common kind I found online was a cream soda-based kind. So I'll have that along with a rootbeer one, a milk one and an apple cider one. The running theme seems to be butterscotch schnapps, so that's what'll be in them, unless you either hate that (I'm gonna buy some spiced rum to see how that works, with butterscotch syrup) or don't want any alcohol, in which case you just get syrup. Three cheers for chicken wings absorbing alcohol so we don't all get horribly, horribly sick! ^_^

No comments: