12/30/2005

Too Much Time on my Hands

So I woke up early this morning, which means that I have several hours to fill that I had not planned anything for. Bah.

So, I figured, hey! what's more time-consuming than worrying? Ali's apparently been doing a bit of the suicidal thing. Yay. Thank God her new advisor is making her see a "shrink," even if she's putting off going. Also, my dog's back was sore last night, and he kept shaking, and even yelped once. Less worrisome, true, but, still, it's my puppy...

I should find another Best Buy and go there today. The one in South Common didn't have ANY copies of Serenity when I was there on Wednesday. I was quite miffed. And neither the Bay at Southgate nor the one at West Ed had a watch I would consider wearing as anything other than a novelty. I was channelling my grade nine Englsih class and ranting about Mr. Hogan in my head while looking at the display cases. So I still don't have a watch that I can wear around my wrist...

Maybe I should turn on CNN or something and have something to grumble about. Oh, tangentally related, my mom has already voted in the Federal election. How the hell does that work? Advanced voting days aren't for another couple of weeks. Maybe she did some sort of absentee voting thing... My mom's weird. I suppose she will have enough to do on election day that getting down to the polling station might be a bit of a hassel, but then why not just vote on the advance days? Maybe this makes her vote "special" in some way... Like I said, my mom's weird.

I went through iTunes with a fine-toothed comb a couple of days ago to update my main pop playlist, and for a lark, I listened to MMMBop (from a Grammy Nominees CD--I did not buy a Hansen CD), and it's been stuck in my head ever since. *sigh* Although, I gotta say, I like the perspective of the line (paraphrasing) "Say you get old and lose your hair? Will you still care?"

Hmmm... Maybe I should do a "Lookback on 2005" thing here. Let's see what I can come up with.

Memorable events of 2005
(in chronological oder)

I "learned to play" the bassoon
With a hand-made reed, so I didn't _totally_ suck! It made me miss my barri sax... :-(
Chololate fondue at Suede for Valentines Day
Despite Peter having to work that evening, we had a great dinner/dessert first. It was a Monday night, and we were more or less the first people in there and had the place to ourselves, and we made pictures out of the multi-coloured mini marshmallows! ^_^
I "learned to play" the oboe
With a store-bought reed. I could play it sideways! Now let us never speak of this again...
Sarah died :-(
And everybody, Joyce especially, was very sad. I miss you, Sawah!
I spent another summer unemployed
I can't remember making the decision to do so, but it was for the best. I kept up my trumpet, though, and was prepped for my ensemble audition in September.
Eric and Jo's going-away party
Though I missed John's 20-minute 3am toast, this party was a blast. Too bad it had to end with Eric and Jo leaving...
Trip to Vancouver
Yay, Jackie and Ken! They rock, letting Peter and I stay and cooking for us! And we got to do some of the touristy stuff, and, most importantly, Peter got to go buy stock. ;-p
Kick-ass 21st birthday party
I agonized over this party, but, in the end, there were people, there were drinks and there was much fun. And Jell-o shots! Everybody loves Jell-o shots!
Went back to school full-time, including lessons
And I actually got back most of the "skillz" I'd lost during my year of part-timing. got in shape, too. All-around spiffiness.
Actually befriended Drama students ^_^
Since I wound up taking two Drama courses this past term, I *gasp* actually got to know the people in them. Lester was talking about starting up a WoW guild... ^_^
Peter and I hit the 2-year mark
*smiles happily to self*
Invented Chess
Oh, wait, no, that was a few years ago...
And, um, now...
Yeah, now I'm sitting on my couch, writing in my blog. Ohohoh! That's what I forgot to put on this list! I got my blog! Yay, blog! Dave was against the idea, but I ignored him and fought against the adversity of trendiness all the way to believing that I have something worth saying and that people all over the world find it worth reading! ^_^

No comments: