12/01/2005

One Week and Counting

I just got an unpleasant e-mail telling me that Toan, a guy I went to junior and senior high school with, was stabbed three times. He's had surgery and is stable, but I have no idea why anyone would want to stab Toan! He's a great guy. It did cross my mind that it might have been a hate crime or something (he's gay), but I really just don't get it. And he's having problems with the University about postponing his exams, now...

Today was a mixed bag. I slept until nine, which was nice, but I couldn't remember whether my extra lesson was at ten or eleven, so I rushed to school, which was not nice. It was at 11, and was the best lesson I've had all term, which was good, but the lownjlounge was booked for some sort of luncheon (!), so I had to eat in the crowded Zoo. We played a neat Samuel Barber piece in Wind Ensemble ("First Symphony"), but Aura needed to take back all the parts for photocopying, so I don't get to futz around with it when I'm sick of my jury piece. My Stagecraft class had exam review with the good prof, but people were confused enough by converting board feet of lumber into linear feet (IT'S NOT THAT HARD!!!) that time was wasted and we didn't get all the way through the review. I had a good rehearsal for my Scene Study project, but Scott only had 40 minutes, so it was really short. I went and saw Peter, but he was feeling funky. We decided where to go for our two year anniversary (which is offically on Monday), but we bickered about why he wouldn't go skating with me first. And I felt bad. :-(

But now I'm about to go to yoga, and I intend to actually make it there on time. Traffic seems a little more sane today than it was on Tuesday. And maybe afterwards I'll go over to Peter's and we can have some sort of Super Smash Bros drinking game to help him relax and get to sleep. ^_^

One week and counting until I can collapse.

2 comments:

Keeks said...

I think the work FUNKY needs a bit of an explanation...

'Nita said...

Uh... too much coffee, to little sleep, and way, way too much Spanish reading.