12/24/2005

'Twas the Night Before Christmas

And all through the house
Lobsters were running
Their little tails off

Well, not really. The lobsters aren't here yet, and I'm pretty sure my dad won't let them run around once he brings them home. See, my parents have this tradition of having a seafood dinner every Christmas Eve. I'm not sure where that came from. Now, I quite like fish, but everything else you might call "seafood" tends to very much not appeal to me. It's a texture issue. So I get to run away and join Peter's mini-ish Christmas dinner. I've even prettied myself up, despite knowing that I'll look ridiculously over-dressed next to Peter. But I don't care. I feel festive. :-)

I got to play Sanata last night. I gave Wendy, Joyce and Jenilee each their gifts. That was a _lot_ of driving around, but it was fun. When I was over at Jenilee's place, we watched this weird movie called "Cursed." It was about these siblings who were bitten by a werewolf. It must have had quite the budget, because it starred Christina Ricci and Jsoshua Jackson and it was quite liberal with the special effects, but it seems also to have been quite the flop, because I'd never heard of it before. And, yeah, it kinda sucked, but it also had Milo Ventimiglia in it (playing a closeted wrestling team captain~!), so I let myself enjoy. ^_^

Ah, it seems that the lobsters are here. I think I'll go greet them.

No comments: