12/25/2005

Christmasy Goodness

Everybody at Christmas dinner, except me, who was taking the picture. That's the back of my Dad's head in the foreground, and clockwise from there is Peter, my brother Chris, my mom, Peter's brother Dave, Dave's girlfriend Sheryl, and Andy. My dad and Andy talked for a remarkably long time. I guess they had a lot of catching up to do or something. ^_^
Peter and I. I chose to upload this picture instead of the more entertaining but less classic close-up picutre that I took of us. ^_^
Dave and Sheryl being silly. It was a really great moment, actually. :-)
Peter with Farley. Yes, my dog is possesed. It's not all that bad, though. Whatever is possessing him is easily placated with Jerky Treats and Milk Bones.

Obviously, I got a digital camera for Christmas. It's very spiffy, a Canon SD400 Elph. It's small enough that I've been carrying it around in my pocket all night, so it should be quite happy living in my backpack. :-)

It's pretty quiet now. Peter & co. left early-ish because they're leaving at 9am for Calgary tomorrow. Andy's on his way to Banff, and he's dropping Peter and Dave off in Calgary to have Christmas with their mom and aunt and uncle and cousins. That's three Christmas dinners in a row. I mean, I was pretty full after last night, but tonight was just so much worse. I can't imagine doing this a third night. Mind you, we had a _lot_ more food tonight than last night. Turkey _and_ ham, mashed potatoes _and_ yams, brocoli _and_ brussel sprouts, stuffing _and_ dressing (well, okay, those are essentially the same thing, but I was on a roll ^_^). And for dessert we had pumpkin pie _and_ coffee cream mousse. And some 77 port (English of some kind, started with a B) and stilton. Oh, god, that was good. It was too much alcohol and richness, though, and I would up giving nearly half of mine to Peter. Then I went and took some Gravol, some migrane medication and a lot of water. ^_^

No comments: