12/08/2005

It's Over!!

School, that is. Well, except for exams, which start Monday. Yesterday was the last day of classes and today was my jury, so now I get to relax. My jury went really well. Well, the piece went really well. The etude not so much, but I hadn't really bothered to learn it, and that's more or less why Russ made me play it. Oh, well. Russ, Deebs and Diane Pearson were on the jury, and their comments were good.

So Monday was my Scene Study final. It went really well. Scott and I were going to meet 15 minutes before class started to go over our lines one last time, but we both wound up being half an hour late for class because of absolutely atrocious traffic conditions. We were supposed to go first, too. ^_^ Oh, well. My prof had nothing but praise for my performance, which floored me, but I'm ceraintly not going to object. ;-)

Then I built my box. My valiant little box. I went to assemble all of the pieces (it was actually a model set for Antigone) the Tuesday morning during my break so that the glue didn't shrink or crack or anything in the cold, but then I remembered that I had an optometrist appointment that morning, so I had to be late for class to put the damned thing together. Good lord, that appointment took a long time. But I got contact lenses that work!!!!! They're not just the spherical myopia contact lenses, and they're not the toric myopia-astigmatism lenses, either. They're aspherical lenses, which apparently correct myopia and "mask" astigmatism. I'm not sure how that works, but I can see, so I don't particularly care. ^_^

Tuesday night was my night to do my last text analysis/character bone structure for my Scene Study class. I was going to go to yoga beforehand, though, but their online schedule was wrong, so I got there half an hour late. I was disappointed. But Joyce called and she wound up giving me a kind of personal yoga lesson. That was really neat, but it took longer than I should have spent. So I conked out before finishing the project and woke up really early Wednesday morning to finish it. And I did, too! I was actually kind of surprised. I wouldn't call it my best work, but it wasn't so much a matter of thinking it out so much as it was just writing it out, so I'm sure it'll be fine.

Actually, yesterday was a really good day, despite feeling like death for a considerable chunk of it. Katie decided to go to Safeway and the liquor store and get stuff to make her version of butterbeer. It was soooo good! It sounds totally disgusting to describe it, but, trust me, it's delicious. It contains rootbeer and butter, which are microwaved to melt and warm, respectively. Add rootbeer schnapps if you wish, and stir with a cinamon stick. I've always imagined butterbeer to be kind of hot apple cider-based, but this worked. Maybe I should have a butterbeer cookoff or something, where I make a batch of everything that butterbeer could be (one rootbeer, one cider, one wine/mead-ish) and see which works best. So I inquire: what do you guys imagine butterbeer to be like? It's supposedly mildly alcoholic and warming, but that's all I can remember for sure.

But, yeah, I drank that right before Conducting class, and then I fell asleep while singing. I dind't even know I could do that. ^_^

The feeling like death part starts here. I got a flat tire. I wasn't sure what was wrong until somebody tapped on my window and told me. Apparently, I ran over a screw. I drove home from the University, going slowly, because I wasn't sure what else to do. I thought I didn't have a spare because of a flat I got about two years ago, but I later discovered that I did. But, yeah, I went home and we had the AMA come over to replace the tire. It wasn't bad. I slept through it all, actually. I was soooooo wiped by that point. No damage to the rim or axel or anything, though, so it's all good. We got the tire repaired today, and when I went to pick it up, they even gave me the screw back~!

So what does one do after waking up in the evening feeling like death? Go drinking, of course!! Well, I only had one glass of wine, but I was so overtired that it felt like a lot more. The HCGSA (History and Classics Graduate Students' Association) Christmas party was last night at Yianni's. It was actually really good once it got going. I turned in pretty early, though, because of my jury this morning. But the Chicken skewers dipped in Hummous were very yummy. ^_^

And that brings us to today. I have until Monday to do essentially what I want, although if I want to do well on my exam on Monday, I will have to want to study. The trumpet players all went to Academy after juries because Russ didn't have enough time to go to Earls. It was yummy and enjoyable. And now I may just take a nap.

No comments: